Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Me or the pot roast?


     Today, I am  making a pot roast. For most people, this is a simple dinner to cook for family. "Set it and forget it" they said. "Just throw meat and veggies with some water and wait 8 hours they said". For some reason, me and the roast can't get it together. I've ruined at least 10 pot roasts in a crock pot. I follow the instruction to a tee, and 8-10 hours later, we have a large piece of dry rubber to eat.                Thank goodness for the pizza rule! If I cook something and it's terrible, no hard feelings, I'll try another day, and we have pizza. I made sure to buy some frozen pizzas along with my roast this morning at the grocery store. So here I am, trying again. Is it going to be me or the roast? I'll let you know in about 6 hours. Smells good so far.
     This roast has a little more meaning to me. I'm trying again. I've failed at this several times, and I'm trying again. This is no business venture and do not have a ton to lose, but the feeling is the same. I've recently decided to try lots of things again. This blog, my paintings, my feelings about large chain grocery stores.  Trying again. 
       For my little Travis, he's been discouraged lately and hasn't wanted to keep trying. That child works harder than most adults I know. For four and a half years, we go to therapy almost every morning followed by eight hours of school at a therapy center. He keeps telling me he's tired, he doesn't want to do all this work anymore. Of course I've tried the usual "we all do things we don't want to do..,blah....blah...blah", it's not working so well. But, after we have a little talk and we go to therapy and school anyway, he tries again. He fights it sometimes, but he always tries again. He has come so far because he never stops trying. Some days are harder than others. My Travis- he always beats the pot roast. 
                             Today, and all days, you can beat the pot roast. 

                         I did not think I could learn from a pot roast either!!

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious. Motivating. Love this post. Sending you a pot roast recipe that WORKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The pot roast actually came out amazing!! I beat the pot roast!

    ReplyDelete