Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My love of the drive thru car wash

   Sometimes, life is hard, messy, and downright hard to handle. All day there are expectations, obligations, and deadlines. With the internet and smart phones, every thing is a click away. We are bombarded with input and expected output on a constant basis. All of us almost need clones to keep up with family, work, self care, friends, kids, household, hobbies, and anything else we try to cram in to daily life. While I can not solve all these problems for either of us, I do have a simple break that may help. The drive thru car wash.
      I turn my phone off, turn off the radio, turn off Mickey Mouse blaring from the back seat that I've been meaning to do since I dropped the kids off. I put the car in neutral and let the auto car wash take over my car for me. I close my eyes and take a very mini vacation.
       Its about five minutes of my own little thunderstorm oasis. Starts off a nice soap drizzle of relaxation and then comes to a roar when the cleaning flaps hit the car for a good scrub. I always opt for the tire wax or whatever other add ons that really don't do anything  just to get a few more minutes in my personal amazing sound machine. The blower on the car is my sign it's almost over and I'm so grateful for my new found sense of peace and calmness. It's cheaper than talk therapy and it's just a nice break from everything going on that day. They are pretty easy to find and relatively inexpensive. I sometimes get them consecutive days; I have even gone through while it's raining just to get the break. I've gotten some pretty strange looks from the gas station employees asking for the deluxe car wash in a downpour.
      So far, it's been one wash this week. Travis is still protesting swimming lessons, but he goes with his coach with little resistance. His coach says he's doing well and getting over his fears. I've remembered the courage water and he gets daily treats after class for more incentive. 
       Townes is still too young for class with just a coach. We do "mommy and me" classes. He's by far the oldest and biggest and most rambunctious! He's the class clown and constant entertainment. He more than willingly jumps off the side to me, puts his head in the water, and blows bubbles. He's hanging on the swimming lane ropes and marching to his own drum. 
        God sure knew what he doing when he gave me Townes. A gentle giant with a heart of gold, and a love for his older brother like I've never seen before. If anyone ever messes with Travis, they better watch out! Townes will make sure it never happens again. He brings Travis his milk, his lovies, and always wants to sit with him. Townes will always protect his "Twavis":)
       I'm hoping you all have a "one wash" rest of the week. If you never tried it, I highly suggest it. It may not solve how to hell to fit in a last minute trip to the store to get items to complete the project your child told you about five minutes before bed, but it may take the edge off. If not, go to the store that sells wine too:) 

1 comment: