Thursday, April 30, 2015

I want a large cherry snowball with vodka please....

Today is the last day of swim lessons.... THANK GOODNESS! Travis has been more scared each day to go to swim lessons. I have tried it all to make him not so afraid. I've asked his friend in the class to tell him its ok, told his coach he was scared, promised McDonald's, promised no bath (technically he did get in water), you get the idea. Today is the last day and he gets a BIG present today for completing swim lessons and being so brave! He is fine once he goes to the pool with the coach and is usually smiling when its over.

Yesterday was especially rough. I had both boys by myself for Travis' swim lessons. While making sure Townes didn't run in the parking lot, I had to physically pry Travis out of the back seat. No one wanted to walk on their own, Travis is flailing and cursing, I dropped my diet coke, and I had 2 huge bags with everyone's stuff in it hitting me in the back and Townes in the face. A big hot mess just trying to make each step toward the building.

We finally get to the bathroom to change Travis. I told him if his coach didn't make him swim, then he did not have to. I knew that Coach would make him get in the water, but this trick worked to at least get him in his swim trunks.

I get Travis off to his swim class with minimal tears from him, as huge crocodile tears are welling up in my eyes. I pick up Townes and head for the snowball stand in the parking lot. I ordered one for each of us. I asked for extra juice and a few shots of Vodka in mine, the teenager behind the counter had no idea what to say! "Are you for real ma'am?" asks the scared fifteen year old boy. "Yes, if you have some, but no, if you don't", I say with a half grin on my tear stained face. I of course then told him I was kidding, sort of, and handed him a large tip with the cash for the snowballs. Townes and I go to eat our snowballs on the picnic tables. His big belly and even bigger smile is soon covered in red snowball.  He is being his usual silly self and trying to climb up the walls of the building. It was one of the sweetest things I'd seen all day. And all was right in the world.

One more day, we can all do it! This time I may bring my own vodka, just kidding! Sort of :)

4 comments:

  1. Vodka snowballs! What a great invention. All you need is a liquor license. You'd have people lining up for them if you put the stand in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you definitely earned a vodka snowball! Such a supermom :)

    ReplyDelete